Friday, January 23, 2009

So much to say...

Ok... so there's so much to update you on! Silas is growing so so so fast! He is now 7 weeks and 2 days old. Every day he does something new! He's full of smiles and is even starting to make little laughing sounds... I love it!! His newest thing is that he's starting to suck his thumb when he's sleeping!!.... It's so cute, I just hope it doesn't last until he's 10! Silas had his check up a week ago... let's just say he is a BIG BOY! He weighed 12 lbs 4 oz. and is 24 inches long! (Last time I posted about his appt I said he was 24 in, but that was a mistake... he was 23 in. then) He got a shot at that appt and he did SO good! :) I think he did better than I did! haha.



This week I started back to work. :( I did a lot better leaving Silas than I thought I would do. He is staying with a lady named Diane (or Mimi). She keeps her two grandaughters, and they call her Mimi, so I figure Silas will catch on to that and do the same. She is great with Silas, and I know that he is taken care of and in good hands. Every day I pick him up and he smells so good! Not that he smells bad when I take him, but I think she cleans his face and lotions him up every time she changes his diaper. :)



Ok... so for the extremely exciting part of this post... Silas had his picture taken by Heather Bookout yesterday. Let me just say that SHE IS AWESOME! I heard of her a few years ago, and so sometimes I randomly look at her website and just goo and gaa at her work. She is doing these limited edition sessions for $35 for a 10 minute sitting... and then the prices for the photos are lower than usual. A girl at work told me about these sessions because we always talk about how we love Heather's photos. So I called on Tuesday, and Thursday I took Silas to have his pictures taken for the Valentine's session. Here is one of the pictures that Heather posted on facebook! I love this picture and I can't wait to see the others! I also signed up for the baby plan... so I have 4 regular sessions for Silas... the first is in 2 weeks. So my little man is going to be a little model! Ok so all mom's... you need to check out her website: Heatherbookoutphotography.com. Also, she has all of the limited edition sessions listed on her blog: bookout.squarespace.com. Call and schedule soon because from what I hear, the spaces are filling up fast!

P.S. Silas is doing much better as far as the fussing goes! He's starting to get in a little routine, and I'm starting to learn what his cries mean. :) So that is good news! Oh, and more great news... last night Silas slept from 9:30 till 5 this morning!! It was such a blessing to get a full night's rest! Hopefully he'll keep this up!

3 comments:

Ada said...

What a wonderful picture of Silas!!! He looks like such a big boy, those eyes wide open!!!

Stephanie said...

That picture is adorable! Silas is the man!

Praise God for finding a good baby sitter! That will make everything else so much easier on you. Let me know if there is anything I can help with. I am always here and Lord knows I love to care for the little ones :)!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear transitioning back to work is going well for you and that you've found a sitter for Silas that you trust. Love that professional picture of Silas... he's so precious!