Monday, December 29, 2008

The Holidays

Alright so I know I've been horrible about updating... but I've been a little busy lately... I can't imagine why! I feel like I'm constantly feeding Silas, so any free minute that I have isn't used to update my blog. So anyways, Silas had his first Christmas and he was so excited! haha... actually, he slept the whole time so he wasn't even awake to open his gifts. On Christmas day we went to my dad's parents house. We had a great time and my cousins and aunt and uncle got to see Silas for the first time. On Saturday we went to my mom's brothers house and spent time with that side of the family for Christmas. We had a great time there as well... and it was really nice because my grandmother got to hold Silas for a really long time. She's been sick lately and wasn't able to come to the hospital when Silas was born so I know that she really enjoyed the time with him on Saturday.
Silas is growing so fast... when he was born he weighed 8 lbs 7 oz and was 21 inches long. A week ago he went to the doctor and now he weighs 9 lbs 12 oz and is 24 inces long! Me and Melinda looked that up and he is off the charts in length! He's gonna be a tall boy... and hopefully an athlete! :) It's crazy how fast they grow up... I'm just trying to enjoy every moment.
Last night Silas slept in his crib in his room for the first time. He finally went to sleep around 12 and didn't wake up until 4:45... so he slept for quite a while! Usually he wakes up every 3 hours... so the extra hour or so was really nice!
Alright well I guess I need to get some things done now! I got a new camera for Christmas so I've been pretty picture happy lately! So I put quite a few on here... and there are also a few of my niece Arden. So enjoy! :)
Silas and his "flying saucer passy"... he wouldn't take the normal looking passys... so this is what we had to go to... but I think it's totally cute :P

Arden loves to stand up! Especially in Uncle Nate's lap
Uncle Geoff and Silas
Sleepy Silas
Beautiful Arden
Silas just relaxin
Arden with Uncle Nate... he loves his niece and nephew
Arden and Silas with my grandparents
Uncle Nate with little Silas
Arden with my aunt Holly
My little Santa Clause
We tried really hard to get a good picture of both of them in their Mr. And Mrs. Clause outfits but Arden wasn't having it
My dad with Arden... she's got him wrapped around her finger
Arden being a cutie
My beautiful niece Arden giving a little smile :)
Little Man wondering where we are going!
Little Man in his carseat
I LOVE this picture... I have such a beautiful little boy :)

4 comments:

Tracy Williams said...

It was so great to finally meet Silas! He is so adorable! I loved getting to hold him for so long.
Hope to see y'all soon!

Bethany Patton said...

April, Silas is adorable. I know you must be so proud to be his mommy. Good luck with eveything and hope he lets you guys get some sleep. :)

The Cornett Family said...

April it's so great to hear things are going well and Man, Silas sure is adorable! I can't wait to meet him (for more than 1 second anyway :).

Stephanie said...

He is so cute! I love the new pictures. You are such a great mommy! Silas is such a blessing.

Love ya'll.

Steph